As a futures trader, it is critical to understand exactly what your potential risk and reward will be in monetary terms on any given trade. Use our dt Futures Calculator to quickly establish your potential profit or loss on a futures trade. This easy-to-use tool can be used to help you figure out what you could potentially make or lose on a trade or determine where to place a protective stop-loss order/limit order to capture your profit.
How to use the Futures Calculator
- Select the desired market by clicking the drop-down menu.
- If Bullish/Going Long, type in your entry price (BUY) and exit price (SELL). If Bearish/Going Short, type in your entry price (SELL) and exit price (BUY). (Each market price format is unique, so please refer to the Price Format Example provided in the information section to ensure the correct calculation)
- Enter the number of contracts.
- Click the Calculate button to determine your specific profit or loss in ticks/points and USD$.
|Select a Market Above|
|Delivery Month Symbol Key||Jan=F, Feb=G, Mar=H, Apr=J, May=K, Jun=M, Jul=N, Aug=Q, Sep=U, Oct=V, Nov=X, Dec=Z|
|Price Format Example|
|Minimum Tick Fluctuation/Value||/|
Enter Price Information and Number of Futures Contracts
STOP ORDERS DO NOT NECESSARILY LIMIT YOUR LOSS TO THE STOP PRICE BECAUSE STOP ORDERS, IF THE PRICE IS HIT, BECOME MARKET ORDERS AND, DEPENDING ON MARKET CONDITIONS, THE ACTUAL FILL PRICE CAN BE DIFFERENT FROM THE STOP PRICE. IF A MARKET REACHED ITS DAILY PRICE FLUCTUATION LIMIT, A "LIMIT MOVE", IT MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO EXECUTE A STOP LOSS ORDER.
How-To Guide: 12+ Candlestick Formations Every Trader Should Know
If you trade the markets technically or looking to get started, this guide is for you! The following strategies and concepts are covered in this 30+ page guide:
- Brian’s top 12 candlestick formations
- A brief and easy-to-understand explanation on each formation
- What to look for when pinpointing candlestick formations on a chart
- What they mean when they are happening, and
- How and when to take action!
Already a client? .
How-To Guide: 10 Rules for Technical Futures Trading
Learn how to think like a technical trader! If you trade the markets technically or looking to get started, this guide is for you! The following strategies and concepts are covered in this 40-page guide:
- How to interpret trend lines and market moves
- Understanding supply and demand through charts
- How and when to apply stop-loss orders
- And more!
Already a client? .